Friday, March 28, 2008
Easter
What a week! I look back and the week and wonder, what in the heck did I do. Sometimes it seems like a big blur of diaper changes, meal times, nursing times, errands, etc. When do we get personal time again?:)
Easter gets better every year. I love how excited the kids got when we told them that the Easter Bunny had come to our house. Luckily there wasn't too much pushing and shoving to get the eggs that were hidden around the house. I would try and pull Jace to an egg that I had seen and he would be trying to get away from my grasp because he had spotted one that I had missed. I guess he doesn't need much help anymore. Shane got a ring toss and Jace got a bowling game (lawn games) from the Easter Bunny. The bowling game came with a hard wooden ball that Jace just loved until he tried throwing it to me right before we were to take their Easter pictures. Instead of throwing it to me however, he threw it straight up and nailed himself right in the head. That kid is never without some sort of bruise or scratch on his head. He dried up pretty quick when I told him that if he sat for a picture he could have a piece of coveted Easter candy. Oh the ways that we will bribe our children. (Jace will do anything for a piece of candy)
Earlier this week I was making cookies for Cub Scouts, and I had the cookies cooling on a rack on the kitchen counter. Jace came in to the kitchen and the conversation went like this:
Jace: "I want a cookie."
Mom: "Jace not right now. If you take a cookie you will get a timeout and a spank." (I was serious)
Jace: Silence.....
He sat there for a little while looking down at the ground weighing the options. He reached up took a cookie and then walked over and put himself in timeout. AHHH!!! What a little punk. He looked up at me with a smile on his face and said, "This cookie is Yummy!"
Shane was looking out the window of the car when we pulled up to the church for an exercise class that I go to.
Shane: "Mom look at that guys kayak."
Mom: (WHAT! Where is the plastic boat-like contraption) "I don't know where the kayak is Shane."
Shane: "Over there on that guys head."
Mom: Looking....Laughing "Oh you mean a mohawk."
Shane: "Oh ya, a mohawk."
Brett is right on the verge of laughing. I just wish that he would do it. There is nothing better than hearing a baby laugh. I can't wait! I can't believe how big he is getting. Where did my little baby go? We still can't decide whether he looks more like Shane or Jace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Allie, your family is too cute!! I loved reading this (and seeing the pictures). That Jace story cracked me up. Although...I might just put myself in time-out for a cookie too! :) We're so excited to see you guys this summer! Brett's going to be so big then though..they do grow up too fast.
That's too funny about the cookie. He must have figured they looked good enough to deal with the consequence! Funny about the kayak/mohawk...One time we were eating teriyaki chicken and rice and Ryan kept asking us to pass him the "karaoke" sauce.
Cute Easter pics! Your boys are way too cute. Sorry I didn't call you back on thursday...I don't know where the day went and then we've been out of town. I'll call you this week!
Allison- Wow! Loooong time no see! Your family is so cute! Looks like you are healthy and happy! So fun to check out everyones family on these blogs! -Kristen
You really have your hands full Allie! I had lots of moments just like that with my boys!
Post a Comment