Monday, December 22, 2008

Shane's Allergic Reaction





The above pictures are after he had a ton of stuff at the emergency room (it was worse when they left). He was not impressed with us taking the picture as you can see. We are still not sure what caused it but within 30 minutes he went from "not feeling well" to having trouble breathing and his eyes almost swollen shut. I wish that we knew what it was so that it wouldn't happen again, but they "weren't sure."

I wanted Travis to give him a blessing before he went to the emergency room and Shane was SO not himself. He totally freaked me out when he looked up at me with the nastiest look on his face and said, "I DON'T BELIEVE!" Yikes! That is so not Shane.

After it all happened and Trav and I were talking about it, we think that Shane may have had an evil spirit in him...and that just freaks us out! But with the way he acted, the way he looked at us, the way he was feeling so sick, and the way a 4-yr-old (who usually reminds us that we need to read the Book of Mormon and say our prayers) yelled, "I DON'T BELIEVE!" when we told him we wanted to give him a blessing sure makes us think that that's what happened. We sure just hope that it never happens again! I was really glad to get the Halloween holiday behind us.

The bottom picture is what he looked like the next morning.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

FrugalProfessor said...

Crazy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Shane! I think I'd much rather go through the sickness or pain or allergies or whatever instead of my kids. It's hard to see them like that.

Pratt Family said...

Oh dear!!! Poor Shane...what a horrible experience. I'm glad you've finally posted more on your blog. It's been fun looking and reading about your ever growing and darling family. What fun autumn pictures...carving pumpkins, carnival rides, your boys are sooo stinkin' handsome.

Anonymous said...

I forgot how bad Shane looked. The pictures where actually quite shocking to see. Evil spirits suck! I've had my fair share of encounters but I've always been told in blessings that these experiences would be for my good. They do make you stronger and actually cause you to believe even more/have a greater testimony. Also, if it really was an evil spirit... I'm afraid that this won't be the last time. They really like to torture those who are on the right path/have important missions to fulfill because they know they will probably never get them to cross the line to their side. Have you taught your kids about the power of Christ's name spoken out loud yet or the power of singing a hymn when they are scared? Isn't it great that we have the knowledge we do so we know how to combat the advesary and his followers!!!