The boys doing a little rock climbing at a rest stop somewhere in New Mexico.
Standing on Hoover Dam. The bridge is in the background.
Grandma and Grandpa Healey with the boys.
Shane and Brett on the train in Albuquerque.
I was looking at the pictures that I posted and realized that I never really explained what they were and where we were. The top one from the previous post is Jace showing the baseball that he got at the game from the pitcher in the bullpen. He was so excited and ran back to show Travis. Shane immediately got jealous and told Jace that he need to share with him. Jace of course gave him the ball and Shane turned around and threw it into the crowd. At least it didn't hit anyone :).
The second one is of the cousins (and Jenn) before church right before we left. Notice the blanket around Jace's neck making him "Super Jace".
The third picture was in Albuquerque. They have a couple of trains that run between their zoo, botanical gardens, and aquarium. It was an hour long train ride (and we got to go through 4 tunnels), and you couldn't wipe the smile off either boy's face. It was a great half-way point for the trip; the boys and I were ready to get out of the car.
The fourth picture is the family at a spring training game between the A's and the Mariners (I know random game right?) It was so fun and the boys had a great time annoying just about everyone in the lawn section :). The weather was so great!
The last one is of Travis with the boys at Hoover Dam. What an amazing structure it is and the bridge that is going to be over it is even more amazing.
Overall the trip was a success. I know that so many people thought that I was completely nuts driving alone down there but the boys were real troopers (thank goodness for DVD players). We loved the warmer weather and the chance that it gave us to visit Trav's brother Troy and his wife Jenn, and Kaia. The boys still talk about all the fun that they had.
We took a different route home and went via Vegas and St. George where we stayed a day with Grandma and Grandpa Healey. It is always great to see them and I think that the boys wore Grandma out. When we were packing up to leave Grandma was playing with the boys and she came back and said, "Your boys are so rowdy...they are wearing me out." Not exactly what I want to hear.
Our week has been full of fun and craziness. Shane is so excited about Easter. Today at pre-school they had an Easter Egg hunt and he was very anxious to get there.
He came home with alot of candy filled eggs and a mask they had made. Of course Jace was green with envy so we will make one for him and take some pictures. I love watching the boys hunt for eggs. I can't believe the Easter is already here and that March is already more than half-way over. We counted yesterday and it is only 23 days until Shane's birthday...wow!
2 comments:
I'm so sad for Jace about the loss of his beloved ball. I guess he'll get over it. Your family is too cute!! :)
You took that trip alone? You're crazy! Sounds like you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment